It seems that every man and his dog can “setup” a Facebook Business Page. The question is, can they set it up effectively? Does it look like a legitimate business owns the page and posts on it regularly?
Doing the very basics creates a Facebook Business Page that looks like a fake. The business who owns it doesn’t look very professional and people are not likely going to want to do business with you.
So, what can you do to improve your position? Below are some Facebook Business Page tips and tricks to help you fill out your page completely and appear as the legitimate business you are.
Facebook Business Page Tips and Tricks
- If you are the only person in the business, use your face as the profile picture. People do business with people so they can start getting to know you
- If it’s a bigger business, use the logo.
- Make sure you fill out as much of the About section as you can. This show people you are a legitimate business.
- Write a story about the problems you solve, the solution you have and what they’ll feel like after they use your product or service.
Left Hand Menu
- Remove any irrelevant menu items that dont match with your business.
- Use the services section to fully advertise your services. Include a picture and some text about each service you provide.
- You can also use this section for products if connecting a shop doesn’t suit your business.
- If you have the tech, connect your shop to your Facebook business page so people can buy directly from your page.
If you’d like to have a downloaded version you can print out and refer to later, grab a copy of the checklist below – Facebook Business Page Success.